JOB AND MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
OPPORTUNITIES AT FCC
Associate Pastor (Full time)
Who We Are
First Christian Church of Port Orchard is passionate about showing the light of Christ and building
disciples to reach our community on a personal level. We believe that as Jesus lived among the people;
served and shared his love, so it is up to us as followers to emulate that in spirit and action. We
encourage you to explore the rest of our website to learn about our vision, mission, and passion in helping our
community, what we believe/teach, and how we are excited about showing the love of Christ.
God has blessed First Christian Church with a 130 year plus legacy as an independent, elder lead, New
Testament church. We are committed to using our large campus for God’s glory and for reaching our
community with the Good News of Jesus. We desire to better show the unchurched in our community
what following and experiencing Christ is all about.
Our Ideal Candidate
FCC seeks to hire an Associate Pastor, with an emphasis in preaching and teaching, to partner with staff
and volunteers in multiplying our passion for God and our love for our South Kitsap home. South Kitsap
County, a growing suburban community just west of Seattle, is also considered one of the least churched areas of Washington State—what an opportunity! In our pastoral search, FCC is not looking for an employee, but rather a passionate partner/leader in taking God’s love and good news out into our
community in a fresh way. The ideal partner would help us in the following areas:
• Serve as primary preaching pastor.
• Help lead the body, develop leaders and cast vision for our discipleship and teaching ministries.
• Encourage grassroots discipleship.
• Promote and lead by example as together we pursue community outreach, evangelism and
growth strategies for FCC.
• Collaborate in strengthening children’s and youth ministries of FCC.
• Work with elders and volunteers as FCC ramps up our attraction to youth and families.
• Connect with people—visitors and members. Share in our members’ life events including
potlucks, weddings, funerals, hospitalizations etc. Romans 12:15 talks about weeping with those
who weep and rejoicing with those who rejoice.
• Promote unity in the body.
• Inspire others in the church through your own walk.
• Work as a team with our Executive/Pastoral Care Pastor and other support staff.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years fulltime ministry experience and a Bachelor’s degree
from an accredited Bible College or Seminary. A Master’s degree is helpful.
The Preaching Pastor calling is a full-time, salaried position (minimum 40 hour per week commitment).
Vacation time, sick and other leave is included. Medical insurance is provided through a QSHERA plan.
FCC supports continuing education and pastoral growth opportunities for our staff.
Starting salary is approximately $50,000, plus housing expense, depending on experience, skills and
The Next Step
Please provide us the following information. Candidates who closely match our needs will be contacted
for follow up and an interview.
• Your resume
• A statement of beliefs
• Your testimony of how you came to Christ and what draws you to serve in a pastoral role
Video sample of select sermons you have preached. We may ask to watch a sermon from a randomly
selected date as well.
Please email your response or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: FCC Hiring
Committee. Thank you and God bless you.